The Collier County Sheriff's Office works daily to protect our children. Here are some tips to keep your kids safe on the bus.
- Parents should consider the “Adopt a Stop” program so kids are never alone at bus stops. Organize your neighbors to arrange for adults to be there in the mornings and afternoons.
- Kids should always travel in groups, if possible, to and from the bus stops.
- Don’t speak to strangers or approach cars.
- Kids and their parents should make sure they have a plan should something happen.
- Kids should scream, run and tell a trusted adult, such as a bus driver, a teacher or a youth relations deputy, what happened immediately.
- Parents and kids who see someone or something suspicious should try to remember as much as possible.
- Descriptions of clothes and cars are helpful for deputies to have in their investigation.
- Remember to dial 9-1-1 immediately if you have an emergency. CCSO deputies are here to help.
If you have questions call 239-252-0144