FALSE ALARM BUREAU
OFFICE HOURS: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
PHONE: 239-252-0503 and 239-252-0502
As of July 12, 2017, the Collier County Alarm Ordinance has changed. It is now the responsibility of the alarm owner to register their alarm system.
Click here for the online registration form
The Sheriff’s Office responds to thousands of false alarms every year. We encourage you to use your burglary alarm system and to educate yourself on how to avoid false alarm activations.
If you have a false alarm
- Deputies may leave a warning notice that the false alarm has occurred.
- The False Alarm Bureau will send you a letter and brochure once you have a false alarm.
- There is no charge for the first two false alarms in a 180 day period, if the alarm system is registered.
- A citation is issued for a third and subsequent false alarms within a 180 day period.
- You will have 30 days to choose from one of these options:
- Pay the fine
- Request a hearing with the Magistrate through Code Enforcement
- Take the on-line alarm awareness program, avoid a fine and pay a $5 service
charge to the Board of Collier County Commissioners.
Take the Alarm Awareness Program on-line or print off-line and mail it in
Get information on alarm systems and their functions and learn about how you can avoid false alarms. Once the program is completed and the test is passed a certificate will be mailed to the participant. The certificate can be used towards one citation per year.
REVIEW THE COURSE
Click here to review the False Alarm awareness course
ON LINE TEST
Click here to take the False Alarm Awareness test
OFF LINE TEST
Click here to download the False Alarm Awareness test
If you experience any problems while taking the test email us at email@example.com
If you would like to learn more about false alarm prevention, visit www.faraonline.org