Many people spend almost as much time at work as they do at home. Their offices or cubicles have computers and files filled with valuable and confidential information and a crime there can be very costly.
Here is a list of ways you can help keep your business safe:
- Use deadbolt locks on all the doors and install an alarm system
- Update the business’ contact information with the Sheriff’s Office so that if we need to contact the owner,
we can reach you
- Create backups of any important data on your computers and store it in password protected areas
- Monitor your bank and credit card statements to prevent identity theft
- Install motion sensors on outdoor lighting
If you see anyone hanging around closed businesses or acting suspiciously, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 239-252-9300 or
9-1-1 if it is an emergency.