The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principles of community, safety, service to fill the position of Youth Relations Deputy. These openings are related to the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act. Starting annual salary $44,943.
- Florida Law Enforcement Certification or Out-of-State Law Enforcement Certification with a minimum of 24 months of full-time experience.
- All full-time experience must be within the last 8 years.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English.
- Shiftwork is required.
- Must pass DJJ background check.
• Strong desire and commitment to work with Collier County youth.
• Prior involvement in youth related programs, preferred.
• Ability to give presentations in front of large audiences of all ages.
• Proficiency at public speaking.
• Ability to relate to youth of all ages, educational levels and mental and physical capacities.
• Provide law enforcement resource assistance to students, parents and school personnel.
• Help to instill an understanding of law enforcement in students, parents and educators.
• Develop and implement presentations as prescribed in the YRB schedule.
• Interact with students while striving to enhance rapport between students and law enforcement.
• Provide educational opportunities through mentoring, planned activities and educational presentations.
NOTE: Complete job description available upon request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.