The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principles of community, safety, service to fill the position of Safety Officer. Starting salary $17.17 per hour.
• Must be able to type 30 correct wpm.
• Minimum Wonderlic score of 20.
• Ability to coordinate workplace safety training program
• Ability to coordinate workplace infectious disease control program
• Ability to conduct workplace safety inspections and prepare reports thereof
• Knowledge of OSHA and all local, state, and federal workplace safety regulations, preferred
• Knowledge of safety training and personal protection techniques and methods, preferred
• Knowledge of infectious disease control rules, regulations, and techniques, preferred
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Examples of Duties:
• Monitor infectious disease control program
• Monitor agency compliance with all local, state, and federal safety regulations
• Monitor workplace safety program
• Conduct workplace safety training and inspections programs
• Maintain agency safety policies and procedures
• Create training manuals and course curricula as needed in conjunction with CCSO Training
• Chair Safety Committee
• Maintain inventory of safety-related materials
• Maintain First Aid materials and AED records ]
NOTE: Complete job description available upon request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.