The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principle of community, safety, service to fill the position of Property & Evidence Technician. Starting salary $ 15.57 per hour.
The position may require flexibility in scheduling, including some evening hours. Position is primarily in Naples but may require travel to Immokalee occasionally (pool vehicle available). Must be available for call-outs.
- Must Reside in Collier County
- Must be able to type 30 correct wpm
- Minimum Wonderlic score of 18
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Ability to obtain CJIS Limited Access User Certification within three (3) months of placement and maintain certification while assigned to position.
- Ability to obtain certification as an Evidence Specialist through the Property and Evidence Association of Florida within one (1) year of date of eligibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment (heat/cold) and to tolerate proximity to a variety of substances.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb ladders.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification within one (1) year of placement into position.
Examples of Duties:
- Receive, record, and store property/evidence.
- File items in numeric order; scan documents.
- Maintain chain of custody of evidence.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of all storage areas including the garage (sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting).
- Prepare items for request for service – lab, further investigation, trial.
- Complete inventory audits.
- Research cases for disposition; appear and testify in court.
- Duplicate CDs/DVDs.
- Move bulk items using pallet jack and/or forklift, jump start vehicles.
NOTE: Complete job description available upon request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.