The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principles of community, safety, service to fill the position of Road Patrol Deputy. Starting annual salary $44,943.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 21 years of age.
- United States citizen.
- Crime free with no recent or extensive use of illegal substances.
- Good moral character.
- Florida Law Enforcement Certification with a minimum of 24 months of full-time experience OR have minimum of 24 months full-time experience as a certified out-of-state, federal, or military law enforcement officer OR acceptable test scores with either 24 months full-time certified corrections experience or a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accepted college.
- All full-time experience must be within the last 8 years. There is a temporary exemption of the education/experience requirement if you have 2 years military experience with an honorable discharge or an Associate's Degree from a regionally accepted college.
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, in English.
- Shiftwork is required
Examples of Duties:
- Provide general assistance/information to public.
- Secure crime scene.
- Administer breathalyzer test.
- Apprehend suspects.
- Provide assistance to other units.
- Guard persons in custody.
- Administer field check to suspected intoxicated drivers.
- Administer first aid/CPR/AED.
- Confront and control or disperse demonstrators, rioters, or crowds.
- Conduct traffic stop.
- Counsel and/or separate people involved in domestic dispute.
- Conduct dwelling, building, or grounds check.
- Review and respond to Be-On-The-Look-Out (BOLO).
- Rescue or assist in the rescue of trapped persons.
- Pursue vehicles/crafts.
- Control disorderly or irate persons.
- Testify at trials, hearings, grand juries or depositions.
- Execute arrest warrant, capias, writ or subpoena, and search warrants.
- Analyze and respond to citizen complaints.
NOTE: Complete job description available by request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.