The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principles of community, safety, service to fill the position of PC Specialist. Starting salary at $18.02 per hour.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to type 25 correct wpm.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma/GED.
- Must have Comptia A+ Certification.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Must have Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 experience.
- Call/Work Order tracking software experience preferred.
- Ability to install, maintain, and repair computer hardware.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, update computer software.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair pc peripherals.
- Ability to be on call on rotating basis.
Examples of duties:
- Install, maintain and repair computer hardware.
- Install and update software.
- Communicate with end users to understand the computer issue, troubleshoot and determine a plan of action to resolve.
- Assist computer end users by phone and “dialing into” user’s computer with a remote desktop type application to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Install, upgrade and troubleshoot computer software and operating systems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and/or repair computer hardware.
- Document steps for use by end users and other technicians.
NOTE: Complete job description available upon request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.