The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principles of community, safety, service to fill the position of Part-Time Jail Deputy . Starting salary $21.74 per hour.
In order to qualify for this position Florida Corrections Certified applicants must have at least 10 years prior experience.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 19 years of age.
- United States citizen.
- Crime free with no recent or extensive use of illegal substances.
- Good moral character.
- Ability to perform essential functions of a certified Jail Deputy.
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, in English.
- Ability to look beyond surface issues to identify and analyze problems and develop effective responses and solutions to resolve such problems.
- Shiftwork is required.
Examples of Duties:
- Operate local CJIS/CJNET terminal.
- Control/restrain/subdue inmates by the use of proper restraining holds, devices, or substances without causing undue pain or injury.
- Mediate and successfully resolve disputes between inmates and offenders utilizing the minimum force required, implementing or recommending the appropriate disciplinary action.
- Answer inmate questions in an objective professional manner, making no promises and referring unanswered questions to appropriate personnel.
- Verify inmate/suspect identification prior to movement or transport.
- Locate and confiscate unauthorized inmate property/weapons/contraband.
- Arrange and coordinate attorney/inmate visition and other court related funcations with appropriate legal personnel.
- Observe, document and report any unusual changes in inmate behavior.
- Notify designated persons during emergency situations, penetrations, escapes, security breaches, riots, fights, disorders, unusual activity, sabotage, pilferage or security violations.
- Prevent escape/attempt while supervising inmate outside of facility.
- Move inmates and/or supervise inmate transport.
- Respond to and report inmate grievances/complaints/injuries.
- Respond to officer down alarm.
- Administer first aid/CPR/AED.
NOTE: Complete job description available by request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.