The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principle of community, safety, service to fill the position of Auto Technician. Starting salary $ 19.87 per hour.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of automotive mechanics.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and materials used in automotive mechanics.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety precautions.
- Ability to perform a variety of repair, replacement, and maintenance tasks on automotive vehicles.
- Ability to use and care for tools used in repair work.
- Minimum of 2 A.S.E. Certifications or comparable training required.
Examples of duties:
- Perform general overhaul, tune-up and repair work on Collier County Sheriff's Office vehicles.
- Diagnose and repair brakes, ignition systems, engines, transmissions, front and rear axle assemblies, and air conditioning systems.
- Inspect and replace necessary units and parts including front end and suspension components, emergency vehicle equipment, and interior components.
- Perform preventative maintenance services to vehicles and equipment trailers.
NOTE: Complete job description available upon request.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.