Here are some tips to ensure that you do not become a victim of a crime:
- Don’t carry or flash large amounts of money.
- Don’t walk alone at night or in an unfamiliar area.
- Park your car near a streetlight or in a well-lit area
- Lock doors, even when driving
- Hold your keys when you walk to you car. They can be used as a weapon if someone tries to hurt you.
- Your life is more valuable than your property. If someone wants to rob you, give them what they want.
- Keep credit card information in a safe spot in case your cards are stolen
- Never put your purse in front of the shopping cart
- Be aware of your surroundings
If you see anything suspicious, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 239.252.9300 or call 911 if it is an emergency.
To learn more about crime prevention visit the National Crime Prevention Council at www.ncpc.org