Follow these summer safety tips to help keep your family safe:
- Wear a helmet and other safety gear when biking, skating and skateboarding, and when riding scooters, all-terrain vehicles and horses.
- If you’re on your way to the movies, the beach or anywhere else, always fasten your seat belt.
- If your kids are at home alone during the day, make sure they know not to open the door to anyone they don’t know.
- Kids who feel uncomfortable when someone approaches or tries to trick them should scream and run away. Tell a trusted adult. Parents/guardians should call 911.
- Make sure they stay away from pools and canals when there are no adults present.
- Don’t drop your kids off at the mall, movies or parks. Always make sure there is a trusted adult there who can supervise them.
- Kids should never tell anyone, including over the phone, that they are home alone.