Stay Safe on HALLOWEEN
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office wants to help parents make sure their children have a safe Halloween.
Follow these safety tips:
MAKE SURE CHILDREN ARE DRESSED SAFELY
• Allow them to wear only flame-retardant costumes.
• Keep costumes short to prevent falls.
• Use make-up instead of masks when possible. Masks can obstruct vision.
• Make sure kids wear light colors or put reflective tape on their costumes.
MAKE TRICK-OR-TREATING TROUBLE FREE
• Children should travel in groups when trick-or-treating. Adults should accompany young children.
• Map out a safe route for children to make sure they stop only at familiar homes where the outside lights are on.
• Try to have them trick-or-treat while it’s still light outside. If it’s dark, make sure someone has a flashlight.
• Make sure kids know not to enter strange houses or cars.
• Teach children to say “No” or “This is not my mother/father” in a loud voice if someone tries to get them to
go somewhere, accept anything other than a treat, or leave with them.
• Make sure other children know your home phone number, in case they get lost or separated.
• Tell children not to eat their treats until they come home.
• Check out all treats before your children eat them.
• Let kids eat only unopened candies and treats that are in their original wrappers.
And remember – if anyone sees something that doesn’t seem right, call us
and let a deputy check it out. Remember: “See It? Say It! Make the Call”
EMERGENCY 911 or NON emergency 252.9300.
Click here to download a Halloween safety flier