A burglary in your home can make you feel vulnerable and violated. Following these tips can help prevent someone from entering your home and taking your property:
- Keep your doors and windows locked, especially if you are not at home. Turn on your alarm if you have one.
- Trim back bushes and trees from in front of windows and doors. They can provide a good hiding place for a burglar.
- Don’t open the door for anyone you don’t know.
- If you get something expensive for your home, don’t place the packaging, like a television or stereo box, at the end of your driveway for trash pick-up.
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch for your community
If you see anything suspicious, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 239.252.9300 or call 911 if it is an emergency.
Did you know…
The Crime Prevention Section can conduct a free home security survey. Call 239.252.0700 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To learn more about crime prevention visit the National Crime Prevention Council at www.ncpc.org