The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principles of community, safety, service to fill the position of Road Patrol Deputy Trainee. Starting annual salary $ 40,807.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 21 years of age.
- United States Citizen.
- Crime free with no recent or extensive use of illegal substances.
- Good moral character.
- 24 months or more full time experience as a law enforcement officer or corrections officer OR Bachelors Degree from a regionally accredited college.
- All full time experience must be within the last 8 years. There is a temporary exemption of the education/experience requirement IF you have 4 years military experience with an honorable discharge.
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, in English.
- Shiftwork is required.
Examples of Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Provide general assistance/information to public.
- Secure crime scene.
- Administer breathalyzer test.
- Apprehend suspects.
- Provide assistance to other units.
- Guard persons in custody.
- Administer field check to suspected intoxicated drivers.
- Administer first aid/CPR/AED.
- Confront and control or disperse demonstrators, rioters, or crowds.
- Conduct traffic stops.
- Counsel and/or separate people involved in domestic dispute.
- Conduct dwelling, building, or grounds check.
- Review and respond to Be-On-The-Look-Out (BOLO)
- Rescue or assist in the rescue of trapped persons.
- Pursue vehicles/crafts.
- Control disorderly or irate persons.
- Testify at trials, hearings, grand juries or depositions.
- Execute arrest warrants, capias, writ or subpoena, and search warrants.
- Analyze and respond to citizen complaints.
NOTE: Complete job description available by request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical disability, religion or any other legally protected status.